About The Brand Blog
The Brand Blog is a space where people from all walks of life can share insight to help brands with purpose and big ambition to grow.
“The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.” – Oscar Wilde
We are looking for people who want to:
- Write about topics that they’re passionate about – Let’s get Brands talking about queer issues
- Share highlights from their favourite books – The Joy of Work – Bruce Daisley
- Share some personal expertise – A Beginners Guide To Digital Marketing
- Showcase the learnings from a recent piece of work – Darren Bowles: How we created a bold new typeface for Versus Arthritis
- Write a profile on one of their favourite brands – Oatly: How the perfect marketing mix made them one of the most innovative brands in the world
About the Brand Blog’s founder, Kim Ferguson
I started the blog because I believe in the democratisation of learning.
I started my marketing career at CAIS, a small charity in North Wales that supported vulnerable people to make positive improvements to their lives. With the charity being so small, I had to wear many hats. I taught myself how to build and manage websites, design leaflets and posters, manage social media accounts, write press releases, and through sheer determination and trial and error, managed to even overhaul the brand, giving it a new lease of life, which helped people better understand the charities purpose and mission.
Following CAIS, I became a Brand Manager at the British Heart Foundation. I’ve learnt so much during my time at the BHF. In hindsight, there’s a lot I wish I’d known when I worked for CAIS. This was the inspiration for the Brand Blog. I wanted a platform where people could share their insights and experiences to help smaller brands.
I believe that we can all benefit from sharing insight. Brands with purpose serve a vital role in our society. By learning from one another, we can hone our skills, grow, and ultimately help more people.
To me, that is the ultimate aim of the Brand Blog.’
I would like to say thank you to the following people that have helped me to create the Brand Blog